Marine & Boating Applications
Marine environments are among the toughest corrosion generators in existence. TC-11 is up to the challenge when used properly. Here are some tips on where to apply TC-11 for the ultimate in protection.Corrosion control – a light coat of TC-11 on metal parts will prevent corrosion.
- Throttle, steering and shift linkages – a heavy coat of TC-11 will prevent water from entering the sheath.
- Inboard engine – a wash down and a thin coat of TC-11 on the engine every three months will keep it corrosion free.
- Outboard engine – a thin coat of TC-11 under the engine cover every 12 months will keep it corrosion free.
- Valves – a light coat of TC-11 applied every three months will keep valves working smoothly.
- Fittings – a light coat of TC-11 applied every three months will keep fittings corrosion free.
- Pulleys – a light coat of TC-11 applied every three months will keep pulleys operating smoothly.
- Tracks – a light coat of TC-11 applied every three months will keep tracks operating smoothly.
- Stanchions – TC-11 and 0000 steel wool will remove rust stains and leave a protective film for a month in full sunlight.
- Steering – a light coat of TC-11 every three months will keep steering mechanisms operating smoothly and corrosion free.
- Electrical – a light coat of TC-11 applied to connectors every three months will keep the connectors corrosion free.
- Waterproofing – a light coat if TC-11 applied to electrical connectors every three months will prevent failures when they get wet.
- Through hull fittings – a light coat of TC-11 applied every three months will keep fittings corrosion free.
- Personal Water Craft – a light coat of TC-11 applied after rinsing will keep the PWC in new condition indefinitely.
To download more detailed instructions for Marine & Boating applications, click on the following image.
I own Ocean Marine Electronics – a sales and service company for the marine industry. Recently, one of my customers called me to repair his $6,000.00 radar. Upon inspection of the antenna, I found extensive water damage. The printed circuit boards were green with corrosion. I didn’t know if I could salvage them. Being out of the cleaner that I normally would have used, I purchased a can of TC-11. Your product, I found out, not only removed the corrosion, but was easy to remove the residue. Upon reinstalling the unit, The customer thought I purchased all new boards, and was ready to cash in an IRA for the repair. He was amazed that all the boards were salvaged, and the bill, including labor, was a little more then $500.00, including the $10.00 for your product. Your TC-11 will, from now on, be the only cleaner in my vehicles. –Frank Koz – Owner Ocean Marine Electronics
I own a 1,400 horsepower flat bottom drag boat and I do the engine work myself. I used TC-11 for all aspects of rebuilding the engine, including removing carbon deposits from the very expensive ceramic coated pistons. I also used TC-11 to remove the harmonic balancer from the crankshaft. TC-11 penetrated the entire thickness of the balancer in a matter of minutes, and it made removing the balancer very easy. I think that it is a great product.–Barry Black, Gene Black Racing
TC-11 is a great product. I have several cans around my house and barn, and I I have sent them to my family and friends all over the country..–Neal Grolnic